Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Today was an awesome day!!!! Bruce and I headed to Albuquerque to see a Dr. Hansen up there, which I thought was gonna do a nerve block on a nerve in my back. After speaking to him for about 30 mintues and after he gave me a good examination he decided to do a procedure on my Periformis muscle, (Bruce mentioned this to him, and we learned of this from Terry Todd, here in Roswell) which is the muscle which lies next to the siatica nerve. The problem with periformis symdrome is that the muscle gets inflamed and pushes on the nerve and causes pain. This is hard to determine as the problem. He went in and gave me a local and then inserted anti-inflamatory medicine and a steroid on the muscle to relax it. This will take a few days to react, but we are praying that this is it. It was just so awesome that he was open to this and didn't just try the same thing over again and he actually spent time with me.
The picture below is of the Sandia mountains in Albuquerque. They were so beautiful with just a slight dusting of snow on them. Wow, New Mexico is a beautiful state.

No comments:

Post a Comment