Monday, August 9, 2010

Aug 9, 2010

Yes, a strange picture, I know, but hear me out.
This weekend while in Ruidoso we went to a new place called Papa Bear's Cupcake Empuriom, don't be impressed. We purchased 6 cupcakes from 2 very uninterested teenages that prally had to work there cause mom said so. If you wanted to know anything about the cupcakes you had to read it on a board cause they sure weren't gonna give you any info.
Now maybe I have been watching way too much Food Network, but my cupcakes look better than these. No WOW factor to them at all. So maybe it will be in the taste. WRONG!
As you can see we decided to divide them amoug the six of us and share the taste of each one. you have going from the top right down and then the middle. Cookies and Cream, which was dry and not very tasteful at all, now Bruce did like the frosting, next is the strawberry cupcake, okay if you are gonna do gourmet cupcakes, make them from scratch, this was for sure a box mix, carrot cupcakes, it was okay, but nothing to write home about and not much to write in the blog about, red velvet, was very dry and why do you put little choc chips on top, go figure, the lemon one was about the best and was actually swirled on frosting not just smeared on. The choc. canache was Jared and Jason's favorite, but I wish I had given my to them cause it didn't pass either. So sorry, but not the place to visit it you want a good, fancy, greeted with a smile cupcake shop.
I love to bake, love to decorate my cakes and cupcakes, so I would put mine against their's anytime.
Heed my waring. hehehe!

No comments:

Post a Comment